bare white

bare white

3.10.2012

Dreams, fears and a little potty talk

So as a kid, meaning when I was high school age...I loved to fly and had dreams of going wherever, living wherever and doing whatever God wanted me to do and being a part of some ministry or just something.
I was reminded of this fact this morning as I was reading. But I was reminded in a way differently than I expected. 
Since that time when I thought I'd be all over the world, I have gotten married and we have 4 beautiful Children.  We live in a teeny tiny town, just outside of a bigger town called "Normal".  To say that I am flying around the world now, is a total understatement...ironically, I now have a fear of flying, not a paralyzing fear, but a definite fear. 
Here is the thing though, my perspective has completely changed....I married a man who totally and utterly "gets" me (and vice versa) - he is my peanut butter, I am his jelly - that kinda "gets me". 
And what I have realized is the dreams I had, pale in comparison to the dreams I am LIVING...truly pale!
Living my life with him and our kiddos brings me more joy that I can describe in words.  My ministry is them and training them up to take the world by storm if God so willed. I still love to travel, but I LOVE being home.  And what I realized this morning, this fear of flying isn't a fear of really flying, but thinking that God can't handle things. How immature of me! How I have belittled my Savior - the one who can walk on water, calm the sea, raise from the dead - really and I thought You couldn't handle things?? Goodness! 
So I am taking this worry and fear and turing into thanks.





Thankful for each tiny, wiggly toe. Thanks for nights of little sleep, crocodile tears and diaper rashes, finger prints on every surface, experiments gone wrong, markers every where but the paper, first words read, legos messes, arguing kids, black eyes and even stitches, toothless grins and cavities and yes...even the occasional potty talk (who am I kidding....this happens OFTEN with boys). Realizing that these are the dreams I never knew I had and we are blessed to be living in them NOW. Thank YOU!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Great post Meg- loved reading it.:)

Post a Comment