bare white

bare white

1.10.2014

Knock, knock…anyone there??

One word - LIFE.

Life has happened in full force and I have thought about it, thought some more about it…then thought more but just never sat down to update this dear blog of ours.
New Years Resolution…blog often…will it happen? - I don't know, but I hope so.

Today is a good day. Yesterday was a good day. I take them in stride - because I don't know what tomorrow will bring. Cherish this moment (is what I remind myself of often) because the next we may be falling apart. That is just the truth in any family, isn't it (no matter the size)? Hormones, emotions, twists and turns, fits or anger, disappointment, changed schedules - they all affect each second that is lived. But today - today is good!

Here it is…Life unscripted :

Our homeschool journey continues on with great effort, but even greater joy.  We finally have two STRONG readers - one came easy…okay so easy it was like eating ice-cream - it took no effort.

 The other, well let's just say more like eating lima beans (if you strongly dislike them). I had a sweet friend give me the most valuable advice with this feat…"Read to him and pray the Lord would give him a strong desire to read." So that is what we have been doing and finally - like the click of a light switch  - he loves to read. Thank you Jesus! I am so thankful we are able to homeschool and I am able to witness first hand these HUGE milestones. What a privilege!


The most fantastic part of it all - it has been the fuel or kick in the pants to get us all reading more. I love to read but I don't always make the time every day to read more than the captions under my Facebook feed. Pathetic to say the least and just sad! 



 I am cherishing these winter days of being home more, eating out less - another New Years resolution as we are on a journey to financial freedom, cooking much more which I LOVE and finally reaping the benefits of our kids actually loving good food. Cooking/baking is a passion of mine from growing up in a  foodie family but up til now, no one has cared a whole lot (which is very typical I know)  it so it took the joy out of it a bit. No longer!! In fact,  I have a couple really amazing recipes I will share soon!


Our days have been filled with football loving boys and ballet plie'ing girls - so extremely opposite it just makes us laugh. We experienced the Nutcracker in a totally new way to us this year - Arae performing…that was an experience she will never forget and a post for another time. Bitty girl was convinced she was in the Nutcracker as well - such a vividly amazing imagination she has!
The boys, despite my great opposition to, LOVE football - and I don't just mean a little. They really LOVE it. I was hoping for more  golf loving boys (no offense to my brother Michael - it's just a little less head pounding than football). But it is a football they play catch with in our yard. However, they do have golf clubs as well…maybe just maybe they will love that as well.

And yes, we are all longing for the dog days of summer again. Longing to be outside, barefoot, splashing in the Lexington Pool, walking on the delightfully warm, sandy beaches of Lake Michigan…oh how I long for that!!


Until then we will continue to bundle up on these bitter cold, every so windy Illinois winters days.

and enjoy footsie PJs




Incase you are in need of a good book to give you a kick in the pants as a Momma or Daddy :
Here is one of my favorites I have been reading  - here's the thing…I fail daily at giving them grace, but after reading this I was totally and completely rejuvenated in the way we parent. DJ is reading it next. It's so good!




One more little side note - I thought I liked reading real, paper filled books until I started reading on a kindle - I think I'm hooked now. I love our kindle and I am reading a ton more - go figure.

Screen reader users, click here to turn off Google Instant.

1 comment:

maurerin said...

megan, always enjoy reading your blog. have you read unglued by linda terkeurst?

Post a Comment