bare white

bare white

1.21.2014

Thanksgiving, Joy, Full Heart

Living in the moment is something I strive after, some days successful, but not every day.
Whenever you are faced with trials in life though, all of a sudden that moment becomes crystal clear and the fog drifts away and you see where your focus should be. I kinda hate this. Why can't I see clearly every day and live in these fleeting moments? I really do know the answer to that, nonetheless I can't change my mind set quick enough. 



These are the moments I am talking of. It may not have lasted but a second or two, but it was there and I am thankful and I want to see it!

So many of the "living in the moment" memories embedded in my mind are around a table. Eating, drinking, talking and living. I cherish these moments - truly! And over the Thanksgiving Table this year, I clung a little tighter to all around that table knowing next years table will look different. The differences will bring great joy and great sorrow (most likely), but I know my God holds each of those moments already in is strong hands and will give them to us in his perfect time.

See that apron there in the background my dad is wearing…just another memory from when we were little. All of my siblings and I were puffed-chest proud when we gave that to him. And still 20+ years later, it still graces his chest - years of stains and all. Years of memories and all.




It is crazy to think of where we are now when it seems that just a bit ago we were all living at home, single, childless. I love where am I now, but I just cannot believe I am here! I am sure my grandma would say the same.
I tend to have a hard time letting go, I guess you could say. The ache of losing loved ones rings true and we have been so blessed in our lifetime to have lost very few (so far). Something for which I am truly thankful. It just means that we have had more time to visit with them, talk with them, glean from their years of life lived before us.  However, all of the above has to be done when you live intentionally otherwise, the years will pass and then you will be standing at an open casket wishing you would have called,  visited more.

I'm not trying to be morbid, just trying to live wide-eyed. We all know it will happen and like so many, with no forewarning.
So this is a way of reminding myself to not take for granted what I cherish and hold dear.


"But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all of these things will be added to you.
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." (Matthew 6:33,34)

Every day I let worries crowd my view, but this year, my deepest desire is to take great strides in not worrying about tomorrow. Let Jehovah-Jireh fulfill his name, my Provider! There are lessons to be learned from generations before us…many a lesson!

And I want to be the one to take the time to learn.

So I think this year will be a learning year and one full of stopping to just say, "Thank you!" to the giver of each moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan, this was very well written and beautiful! I love all of the pictures. It was so fun for me to get to see your Grandma Rykse. When Steve and I were a young couple, we enjoyed being around your grandma and grandpa and learning from them just like you mentioned in this blog. : ) Pam Bos

Post a Comment