bare white

bare white

8.18.2011

Cinnamon and Sugar breakfast bites

The other day the boys and I were in the baking mood - so we found this AMAZING recipe for Scrumptious Baked Breakfast Bites at Oh My! Sugar High

Let's just say - not only were they scrumptious but they lasted all but 2.2 seconds.  They really were delicious!

Here are the ingredients (and we had everything on had...perfect!)

Sorry about the silhouette - I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention to my pictures 
The boys mixing the Cinnamon and Sugar....and really getting into in!

Here they are all rolled...yes the boys helped me roll them all

Then you dip them in butter

Then you roll them in cinnamon and sugar....Tank and Bobo LOVED this part

back to the cookie sheet 

Perfection!! The only thing I would change....double the recipe next time!

Ingredients :
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted

Mix flour, crushed cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Cut in shortening fork until the mixture resembles crumbs.
Add milk and stir just until moist (my sister hates this word so I had to use it)
Roll dough into approximately 2 dozen 1 inch balls.
Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar in a small bowl. Drop balls into melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture...roll really well
Place balls onto greased - or silt pat- cookie sheet.
 Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in pan on wire rack before removing.
Enjoy with a nice tall glass of milk....we sure did!!

1 comment:

Landscape of our Life said...

Hey Meg! I didn't know you had another blog. I was checking out Joel's facebook and ended up here. :-) Anyway, it's really nice... I just spent some time looking through your old posts. Tell the family hi!

Love your cuz.

Post a Comment