bare white

bare white

7.11.2011

Date night + 2

This summer DJ and I decided we wanted to have more double dates with our two oldest.  I feel like right before our eyes they are growing up and yet so many days I don't even see it. Until all of a sudden they will say something, do something that makes me realize they are growing, growing up in age and wisdom (and yes I believe a 5 and 7 year old can have wisdom....untainted, pure wisdom). 

So we had a sitter all set up for the kids for OUR date night only to last minute change plans and have a Double date night. It was wonderful! In effort to fulfill a "bucket list" item, I of course, documented the evening. The amazing part for me, as I am documenting our summer on film, I am seeing life through their eyes again. How little things like riding in daddy's truck with the windows down all while our hair is crazy in the wind can make them smile big smiles and laugh belly laughs. OR, dinner on a roof top can be an adventure (especially if a guy with long hair and tattoos is sitting right by us). OR, ice-cream and walking around town is just FUN! It is medicine to my "hurrying" soul to STOP and live in the moment like they do. 

I think if we take a moment to see life through our kids eyes, maybe, just maybe, we are seeing it a little more how God intended us to see it.






DJ Cheering Kobo on



Arae took this one





I LOVE how he holds his big fork in his little hand

LEMONS!!!!






Truth be told, he doesn't always LOVE my camera - this is one of those faces 



Typical Bobo



Bobo took this one







Like little puppy dogs wanting to stick their head out the window and LOVING every second of it!
Gorgeous sky on the way home! 







1 comment:

Emily said...

The picture Kobi took of you guys is fantastic :) Love it! Looks like a really special night :)

Post a Comment