bare white

bare white

8.11.2011

a few recent shoots - and "How to's" too

My sister is getting ready to have her first baby ... a girl! Her and her husband came to visit for the weekend - it was great! The weekend was full of sitting with feet up, laughing, talking, eating and surviving the heat. Oh and many walks with Charlie for the kids. 

AND we had to take a few pictures. 

So here are a coupled "How-To's" that I though you might like. 

DIFFERENT ANGLES
When I am taking pictures of baby bellies,  OR having my picture taken when I am pregnant, I like shooting from all different angles....especially the one that makes me look the least "BIG". It doesn't matter if you gain 20lbs or 70lbs, you feel large. So I am always looking for the perfect, most flattering angle and one that also shows off the belly.


This is definitely a favorite shot - from above - I Love seeing the belly this way and it is flattering to momma

outtakes...always a must! Yes I give outtakes to my clients because sometimes those are the ones that show personalities ( kids especially) the most

From the side - very flattering to the belly and face

Sweet moments from shot from above





DETAILS
On the TOTALLY opposite side - a product shoot, commercial shoot - I had the honor of shooting a few pieces for the amazing Lilly Anna Kids  She has fabulous clothing and "head fluff" as she calls it. I love the bright fun colors and how she thinks totally outside the box! You will be seeing more of her things on Arae coming up!
So here are a few images from that. 
Product shoots are different because you are showcasing the clothing mainly and you want to capture the details in the clothing BUT, you also want to see the child in them.  In a normal shoot it is so much about the face and expressions, but not as much for a product shoot 




I also knew I wanted the contrast of old, dirty, rustic wood with her fun, bright, girlie outfit - Contrast is a GOOD thing!

Love these - face in focus and leggings out, then the opposite - face out of focus and leggings in
LOVE this lighting!!

I don't shoot anything crazy with props, but how perfect - a vintage, old school desk



and that fab desk again!

No comments:

Post a Comment