bare white

bare white

10.27.2011

Thursdays : thought you might wanna know about this....

So I thought I would start a "thursdays : thought you might wanna know about this..." post
I love checking out fellow Mamma blogs for good ideas on books, toys, gifts, crafts, h.s. curriculum, family outings etc.etc. And I thought it would be a good idea to share some of those and give you some of our own.

So here we go :

I have been trying to think of what I wanted to do first (I have so many cool things I want to share that I have come across lately).

In the spirit of fall I thought I'd start with this : (these aren't ours...just wanted you to get the idea) We just did a couple with face, the rest were plain pumpkins so I can use them through Thanksgiving. I added a little brown tissue paper too and then went over it with the orange to give is a "pumpkin" look.

We actually got this idea from one of the girls in Arae's CC class - during their presentations they had to present a "How-to" in front of everyone and this was hers. We loved it so much we did it the next day.


Decoupague pumpkin Lanterns

These were so fun to make and look adorable in our window. We did majority of Pumpkins because I am not really into halloween, but Arae and Kobo each wanted to do a mummy too, so I said okay :)
We put the non-flame tea lights in them and they are all (we did 7) in our window in our kitchen. They really are cute! The kids LOVE looking at them at night.
In fact, Arae has a few girls over right now and they are doing a couple for them to take home.


One more thing I wanted to share :




I found these cds and videos a little bit ago and the kids love them. We are really into audio cds right instead of tv....well trying at least.  I really like about audio cds is that they can listen to them while playing or coloring or whatever else.  And what I love about THESE is there is always a point to the story and they talk a lot about character traits. I highly recommend them!

So there you go - a couple little things we love over here at the Whitehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment